Tornado-JSON is a small extension of Tornado with the intent providing the tools necessary to get a JSON API up and running quickly. See demos/helloworld/ for a quick example and the accompanying walkthrough in the documentation.
Some of the key features the included modules provide:
- Input and output JSON Schema validation by decorating RequestHandlers with schema.validate
- Automated route generation with routes.get_routes(package)
- Automated Public API documentation using schemas and provided descriptions
- Standardized output using the JSend specification
- Using Tornado-JSON
- Request Handler Guidelines
- Documentation Generation
- Creating a REST API Using URL Annotations
- tornado_json Package
Warning: Tornado-JSON is still very much a work in progress. No guarantees on backwards-compatibility made, however, I try not to do that since, as a user, I hate breaking it at least as much as you. That being said, use it at your own risk.